A 18-year-old Dallas student who attended a prom and then went to a party with friends was found dead in a hotel of apparent alcohol poisoning.
Dallas police on Monday said an autopsy has been ordered on Jonathan Sierra.
Sierra attended Dallas Skyline High School and attended the school's prom at Hampton Inn Suites in Mesquite Saturday night.
Dallas police said Sierra and his friends later went to an after-party at Aloft Dallas Downtown Hotel where they continued to celebrate.
Sr. Cpl. Gerardo Monreal said Sierra's friends found him dead Sunday morning and called Dallas Fire-Rescue and Dallas Police.
Monreal said toxicology results are pending, but it's believed Sierra died of alcohol poisoning. Police found no signs of trauma on the body.
"Let this tragic incident be a reminder to all of us, parents and students as we enter the prom season that excessive alcohol use can lead to a senseless death," said Monreal in a police statement.
NBCDFW's Amanda Fitzpatrick contributed to this report.