The Dallas Independent School District plans to hold public meetings as it pushes its plan to improve school performance.
District leaders are asking for help from parents in turning around the performance of the district's under performing schools.
The high schools that received an unacceptable rating from the Texas Education Agency include: Bryan Adams, A Maceo Smith, Hillcrest, Samuell, Carter, and North Dallas. Overall, DISD had 14 schools rated academically unacceptable.
A series of meetings will be held so district leaders can explain what the ratings mean, why a particular school received that rating and what plans are being made to improve performance.
Below are the dates, times and locations for the community meetings.
· Tuesday, August 10, Bryan Adams High School, 2101 Millmar Drive
· Tuesday, August 31, John W. Runyon Elementary School, 10750 Cradlerock Drive
· Thursday, September 2, Annie Webb Blanton Elementary School, 8915 Greenmound Ave.
· Thursday, September 2, North Dallas High School, 3120 N. Haskell Ave.
· Tuesday, September 7, Edward Titche Elementary School, 9560 Highfield Drive
· TBD, W.W. Samuell High School, 8928 Palisade Drive
· TBD, Fred F. Florence Middle School, 1625 N. Masters Drive
· TBD, A. Maceo Smith, 3030 Stag Road
· TBD, Hillcrest High School, 9924 Hillcrest Road
· TBD, David W. Carter High School, 1819 W. Wheatland Road
· TBD, Maynard H. Jackson Elementary School, 2929 Stag Road
· TBD, Francisco F. “Pancho” Medrano Middle School, 9815 Brockbank Drive
· TBD, Julia C. Frazier Elementary School, 4600 Spring Ave.
· TBD, Roger Q. Mills Elementary School, 1515 Lynn Haven Ave.