Dallas Restaurant Damaged by Fire

Dallas Fire-Rescue says the fire started in the kitchen of the restaurant

By Elvira Sakmari
|  Saturday, May 19, 2012  |  Updated 9:04 AM CDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Dallas Restaurant Damaged by Fire

NBC 5

Fire Friday night started in Kalachandji's Restaurant and Palace a restaurant below a Hare Krishna temple in Dallas.

advertisement

A Dallas restaurant must close its doors after a kitchen fire Friday night.

The fire started in the kitchen at Kalachandji's Restaurant and Palace, which is located just below a Hare Krishna temple near Graham and Fairview Avenues.

The restaurant played host to a celebration Friday night, Dallas Fire-Rescue says after the kitchen closed a cook top was left on.

"There happened to a wok of cooking oil, we believe that contributed to the fire, the damage and the fire," said Dallas Captain Paul Martin.

Fire officials said while the fire was put out quickly the restaurant suffered tens of thousands of dollars in damage. The temple above suffered only smoke damage. 

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Get NBCDFW on Mobile!
Get NBCDFW's free news and weather... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out