Dallas House Fire Injures One

85-year-old taken to the hospital for minor smoke inhalation

By Justin Hinton
|  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011  |  Updated 2:34 PM CDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Dallas House Fire Injures One

Getty Images/Tetra images RF

Fire in Dallas home injures one

advertisement

Fire crews responded to a house fire in the 5300 block of Miller Avenue, in downtown Dallas early Tuesday morning.

Five people were inside when the one-story house started burning.

Fire crews arrived on scene around 5:30 where the flames quickly spread, causing the roof to collapse.

Investigators believe the fire started in the attic near the back of the house, the result of an unspecified electrical short.

An 85-year old woman was taken to Baylor Hospital for minor smoke inhalation. She was the only one injured during the fire.

It took about an hour to put the fire out.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Get NBCDFW on Mobile!
Get NBCDFW's free news and weather... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out