Fire crews responded to a house fire in the 5300 block of Miller Avenue, in downtown Dallas early Tuesday morning.
Five people were inside when the one-story house started burning.
Fire crews arrived on scene around 5:30 where the flames quickly spread, causing the roof to collapse.
Investigators believe the fire started in the attic near the back of the house, the result of an unspecified electrical short.
An 85-year old woman was taken to Baylor Hospital for minor smoke inhalation. She was the only one injured during the fire.
It took about an hour to put the fire out.