A recycling company in Farmers Branch was evacuated Thursday morning after around a dozen people had a reaction to a large packet of cinnamon.
Fire officials said around 10 people were treated on scene after a large packet of cinnamon broke open. One person was taken to the hospital following their exposure, they were treated and released.
Farmers Branch police requested the help of Irving hazardous material crews to evacuate the building and help test the substance. Two tests confirmed the substance was cinnamon.
Emergency crews said the spice can cause eye irritation.
NBC 5's Josh Ault contributed to this report.