Authorities Release 911 Call Missing Frisco Teen Made

High school student called 911 from Oklahoma

By Randy McIlwain
|  Tuesday, Feb 21, 2012  |  Updated 7:04 PM CDT
View Comments (
Police released the 911 tape of Bethany Stroud's call for help from a Braum's in Muskogee, Oklahoma.

Randy McIlwain, NBC 5 News

Police released the 911 tape of Bethany Stroud's call for help from a Braum's in Muskogee, Oklahoma.


A Frisco teenager offered few details about her abduction when she called 911 in Oklahoma the day after she disappeared.

Authorities in Muskogee County, Okla., released the 911 call Bethany Stroud made Saturday night to report that she had escaped a kidnapper. Stroud, 18, made the call from a Braum's Ice Cream and Dairy Store in Muskogee.

Stroud, a senior at Lone Star High School, told Frisco police that she was taken at gunpoint from the employee parking lot outside the Dr Pepper StarCenter after after work at about 9:30 p.m. Friday.

Police said she made a muffled, 12-second 911 call in Frisco at 9:52 p.m.

She again called 911 in Muskogee, a less-than-five-hour drive from Frisco, nearly 24 hours later.

Dispatcher: Rescue 911 center police, fire, ambulance.

Stroud: Um, yes, I'm at the Braum's. I really don't know where I am, but I know I'm at a Braum's.

Dispatcher: OK.

Stroud: And I need an officer please.

Dispatcher: OK, ma'am, can you tell me what's wrong?

Stroud: I was abducted Friday night.

Dispatcher: OK.

Stroud: I need an officer.

Dispatcher: Are you OK there right now?

Stroud: Yeah, I'm fine.

In the call, Stroud did not mention what happened while she was abducted. She did not describe the kidnapper to the dispatcher or say the kidnapper had a gun.

Dispatcher: Have you been left there did you get away or?

Stroud: No, he was, he stopped on the side of the road, I don't know, a few hours ago, and I think he was going to the bathroom, and I jumped in the seat and drove away.

Dispatcher: Do you know who took you?

Stroud: No, I have no idea.

Dispatcher: Who you were with, or was it a stranger?

Dispatcher: How many days has this been going on?

Stroud: I was, it was Friday night after I had gotten off work

The call ended politely with Stroud thanking the dispatcher.

Frisco police said Stroud was only able to give a vague, nonspecific description of the kidnapper.

Police continue to investigate the incident as an abduction. They have given no indication that an assault of any kind took place.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
Leave Comments
What's New
Get NBCDFW on Mobile!
Get NBCDFW's free news and weather... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out