Arlington's Interlochen Ready for Christmas
The City of Arlington is ready for the annual holiday lights tradition in the Interlochen neighborhood.
Beginning Saturday, Dec. 14, the Arlington Police Department will assist with traffic flow through the neighborhood between 7 p.m. and 11 p.m. each night through Christmas.
For several decades, hundreds of homes in the northwest Arlington neighborhood have adorned their homes with seasonal displays primarily focused on Christmas and Hanukkah.
Police again expect thousands of spectators each night, including tour buses, to arrive from all over North Texas and the state.
Admission to the display is free.
How to enter Interlochen:
- From Randol Mill Road: Enter at Westwood Drive. (See the attached Interlochen Map.)
- From Westbound IH-30: Take the Fielder Road exit and go south to Randol Mill Road. Turn right on Randol Mill Road to Westwood Drive.
- From Eastbound IH-30: Take the Eastchase Parkway exit, turn east on Meadowbrook Boulevard to Randol Mill Road, then right on Randol Mill Road to Westwood Drive.
- All other streets to Interlochen will be closed. Left turns are prohibited from northbound Bowen at Westwood and northbound Oakwood at Randol Mill. All traffic will be forced to turn southbound on Crowley Road. Tour buses and limousines are not allowed on Porto Bello Court.
- See maps here
Before you go, remember!
- Traffic must keep right at all times, leaving the left lane open for emergency response vehicles and Interlochen homeowners.
- Adults and children must be properly secured by safety belts and child safety seats.
- For quicker access, visit during the week. Weekends are the highest traffic-volume days.
- Pack a little patience. Traveling through the area could be slow. Pedestrian traffic is permitted.
- Roller skating in the street is prohibited by Arlington Municipal Code. No solicitation or sales by any vendors or group will be allowed from any public roadway or public rights-of-way.