Dallas firefighters were forced to pull back from fighting an early-morning house fire in Oak Cliff after ammunition began exploding in the garage.
Fire officials said the fire started at the home after the homeowner left citronella candles burning in the garage unattended.
The homeowner went inside the house and returned several minutes later to find the garage on fire.
Dallas Fire-Rescue arrived at the home on the 1600 block of Atlas Drive and began fighting the fire, but were forced back once ammunition being stored in the garage began to explode.
Firefighters later confirmed the ammunition being stored in the garage were dozens of bullets, but haven't detailed the exact number, caliber, or type.
The garage and part of the home were destroyed by the fire, though the homeowner, his wife, and his dog are all safe.