A federal judge in Texas has set a May trial date for the soldier charged with planning to bomb a restaurant filled with Fort Hood troops.
Pfc Naser Jason Abdo's trial was set for later this month, but U.S. District Judge Walter Smith issued a written ruling Monday saying the delay will give the defense more time to prepare.
Last month the judge approved Abdo's request for a new attorney.
If convicted, Abdo faces up to life in prison for attempting to use a weapon of mass destruction and eight other charges.
He was arrested in July at a Killeen motel near the Texas Army post.
Authorities said they found a handgun and the ingredients for an explosive device in his room and backpack, and he told officials of his plot after his arrest.