6 Hospitalized from Car Fumes at Austin Apartment | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

News from around the state of Texas

6 Hospitalized from Car Fumes at Austin Apartment

Injured include a man and woman found inside the vehicle Sunday



    Authorities say six people have been taken to Austin hospitals for treatment of carbon monoxide poisoning from a running car in a closed garage.

    Austin/Travis County emergency response officials and police on Monday did not immediately provide names or further medical details.

    Officials say the injured include a man and a woman who were discovered unconscious in the vehicle Sunday morning.

    Fire department Battalion Chief Thayer Smith says carbon monoxide alarms went off in nearby units and 10 people had inhaled fumes. Four were transported to a hospital, while six others declined treatment.