2.7 Magnitude Quake Reported Near Azle Tuesday
First quake in December, 20 quakes recorded in North Texas in November
The maroon pin shows the December 3, 2013 quake near Azle on Tuesday, the orange pins show more than a dozen quakes in Novembe along the Tarrant-Parker County line.
Another earthquake was detected in North Texas Tuesday, the first quake to shake the Azle area this month, after an active November.
According to the United States Geological Survey the 2.7 magnitude earthquake was recorded at 8:44 a.m., 1 mile east-southeast of Reno and 2 miles north of Azle. It was originally reported as a 3.4 magnitude but was downgraded in intensity.
The epicenters for the earthquakes was recorded in the same area where last month a string of earthquakes rattled the area near the border of Tarrant and Parker Counties. See a Google map here.
There have been no injuries reported in connection with any of the earthquakes.
Here are the USGS and NBC 5 reports of all North Texas earthquakes recorded in December and November:
- Dec. 3 - 8:44 a.m.: Magnitude 2.7, north of Azle
- Nov. 29 - 12:14 a.m.: Magnitude 3.2, west of Azle
- Nov. 28 - 2:41 a.m.: Magnitude 2.8, north of Mineral Wells | Story
- Nov. 28 - 1:58 a.m.: Magnitude 3.6, north of Mineral Wells | Story
- Nov. 26 - 2:03 p.m.: Magnitude 2.7, west-southwest of Azle | Story
- Nov. 26 - 8:24 a.m.: Magnitude 3.0, east of Azle | Story
- Nov. 25 - 7:55 p.m.: Magnitude 2.7, south-southeast of Azle
- Nov. 25 - 1:43 a.m.: Magnitude 3.3, west of Azle | Story
- Nov. 23 - 3:43 a.m.: Magnitude 2.9, west-northwest of Azle | Story
- Nov. 20 - 11:53 p.m.: Magnitude 2.2, north-northeast of Azle
- Nov. 19 - 6:40 p.m.: Magnitude 3.6, north-northwest of Azle | Story
- Nov. 19 - 12:03 p.m.: Magnitude 2.8, west of Azle
- Nov. 19 - 11:57 a.m.: Magnitude 2.5, northwest of Azle
- Nov. 13 - 3:01 a.m.: Magnitude 2.6, east-northeast of Azle
- Nov. 11 - 2:30 a.m.: Magnitude 2.8, north of Azle | Story
- Nov. 9 - 1:54 p.m.: Magnitude 3.0, south of Springtown | Story
- Nov. 8 - 9:34 p.m. : Magnitude 2.4, northwest of Azle
- Nov. 7 - 10:32 p.m.: Magnitude 2.9, near Springtown
- Nov. 5 - 9:32 p.m.: Magnitude 2.6, north of Azle | Story
- Nov. 2 - 12:45 a.m.: Magnitude 2.0, south-southeast of Mansfield
- Nov. 1 - 4:57 p.m.: Magnitude 2.1, east-northeast of Richland Hills | Story