3 Sought in Killing of Fort Worth 12-Year-Old

Monday, Jun 17, 2013  |  Updated 12:08 PM CDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Family Mourns Boy Killed in Fort Worth Drive-By Shooting

advertisement
Photos and Videos

Heartbroken Parent Seeks Answers After Shooting

After a drive-by shooting claimed the life of her 12-year-old son, a North Texas mother is searching for answers.

Family Mourns Boy Killed in Fort Worth Drive-By Shooting

James Hardemon, a student at Dunbar Middle School, was shot in the face and killed while standing outside his house on Eastover Avenue early Sunday morning. He was chatting with his younger brother.
More Photos and Videos

Police are searching for three people they say participated in a shooting at a house that left a 12-year-old dead and a sleeping teenager injured.

Fort Worth police announced Monday that a high-powered rifle was among the weapons used in the June 1 shooting. They said at least two people exited a vehicle and fired on the home.

James Hardemon was standing in front of the home and was shot multiple times. He died two days later.

A 16-year-old sleeping inside also was shot. A number of people inside, including two children, were unharmed.

Police said 23-year-old Daniel Anderson was arrested last week. He's being held at the Mansfield jail on $100,000 bond. There's no online jail listing for a defense attorney.

Authorities did not identify the three others being sought.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Get NBCDFW on Mobile!
Get NBCDFW's free news and weather... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out