A Dallas pool briefly closed this week because of cryptosporidium concerns.
Denton County said a child who has been diagnosed with crypto swam at the Jewish Community Center pool in Dallas on July 25.
On Monday, the child's family alerted Denton County. The county called Dallas County, which sent a compliance officer to alert the JCC.
As a precaution, the pool was closed Tuesday for 12 hours according to recommendations, JCC's president told NBC 5.
Health officials said the pool was treated through hyperchlorination. The open reopened at 5 a.m. Wednesday.
Denton County said people who were at the JCC pool between July 25 and Monday and develop gastrointestinal symptoms should call their doctor.
Dallas County said no active crypto cases are in the county at this point.
Cryptosporidium, a microscopic parasite, typically causes infections in people. Symptoms are usually gastrointestinal.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the parasite is typically passed off through the stool of a person or animal. The parasite is easily transmitted through water
In 2008, there were at least 2,000 cases of cryptosporidium in Texas.