Vaccines are traditionally available only for those who are in the five priority groups outlined by the Centers for Disease Control.
Several more swine flu vaccine clinics will continue this week in Dallas and Tarrant counties for those who are in the five priority groups outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Starting Monday morning, Dallas County Health & Human Services will hold clinics at three locations through Tuesday that are available by appointment only.
"Dallas County Health and Human Services wants to get to vaccine out to as many Dallas County residents as we can before the Thanksgiving holiday," said DCHHS Director Zachary Thompson.
Dallas County residents can schedule an appointment by calling our hotline number, 214-819-6001. The vaccine will be offered free of charge.
The clinics will take place at 2377 North Stemmons Freeway in Dallas, at 440 South Nursey Road in Irving and at 2774 Valwood Parkway in Farmers Branch. DCHHS will also hold another Saturday clinic by appointment only for the public from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 5 at St. Barnabas Presbyterian Church
In Tarrant County, a clinic will be held on Tuesday at the Arlington Convention Center on Ballpark Way. The swine flu vaccine will be given only to high-risk patients, including pregnant women and children under 6-months-old. The Arlington clinic will run from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m., or as long as supplies last.
The swine flu vaccine will also be available at the following Tarrant County locations until supplies are exhausted:
· Arlington Public Health Center, 536 W. Randol Mill Road, Arlington
· Bagsby-Williams Public Health Center, 3212 Miller Avenue, Fort Worth
· Northeast Public Health Center, 813 Brown Trail, Bedford
· Northwest Public Health Center, 3800 Adam Grubb Road, Lake Worth
· Southwest Public Health Center, 6551 Granbury Road, Fort Worth
· La Gran Plaza Mall, 4200 S. Freeway, Fort Worth
· Watauga Public Health Center, 6601 Watauga Road, Suite 122, Watauga
For more information, call 2-1-1 or check the Tarrant County Public Health Web site at http://health.tarrantcounty.com.