Exposed: Some restaurants haven't been inspected in years
SEND TIPS 1-800-566-5865
NBC 5 Investigates' Scott Friedman sat down with Dallas Police Chief David Brown to talk about his department's policies on the use of police computers while driving.
A Dallas City Council committee agreed Monday to hire even more restaurant inspections after an NBC 5 Investigates report showed some restaurants had gone years between inspections. City leaders also gave a green light to a plan that could impact every restaurant in Dallas.
A City Council committee authorizes the writing of a measure that would require every restaurant worker to take a food-safety course. Read More
After an NBC 5 investigation found that more than 200 Dallas restaurants had not been inspected in at least two years, Dallas has inspected all of the establishments on the list. Read More
Dallas restaurants are supposed to be inspected twice per year, but NBC 5 has learned that only about 20 percent got two inspections last year. This story was published February 29, 2012 - 12:22 a.m.
Prompted by an NBC 5 investigation, the city of Dallas will be hiring more restaurant inspectors. Read More
Dallas is debating sweeping changes in the wake of an NBC 5 investigation into restaurant inspections that found kitchens that had not been checked in years. A plan to require a training course for every restaurant worker in the city is among the ideas.
Wal-Mart's insurance company has offered a settlement to a North Texas grandmother after she took her SUV to Wal-Mart for a routine oil change and returned to find it had been totaled.
The 65-year-old man who died at a North Texas hotel Tuesday night faced charges of stealing more than $1.6 million from a teacher's group.
A Southern Methodist University student reported that she was raped Wednesday night in a campus dormitory, according to SMU police.
A Maryland man has been charged in the death of a Texas man who fell and hit his head after being assaulted in Washington, D.C.
The number of migrants found dead in a truck abandoned on the side of a highway in Austria has reached 71, Austrian officials said Friday, NBC News reported.
The victims were 59 men, eight women and four children — including a girl who was no older than two years of age, according to Burgenland Police director Hans Peter Doskozil.
Meanwhile, three suspects believed to be involved in people smuggling have been arrested in connection with the case, and at least one other individual is being hunted, authorities confirmed.
Police originally thought up to 50 refugees had died inside the vehicle, which had been parked up on the shoulder of the busy road, 10 miles from Austria's border with Slovakia and Hungary.
The war in Syria has contributed to record numbers of migrants attempting to cross into Europe from Africa and the Middle East this year, often taking perilous sea crossings and stowing away in trucks.
A 10-year-old North Richland Hills girl says a man tried to lure her to his vehicle as she waited for her school bus Monday morning.