Jon Gosselin Ordered to Pay Up

Reality dad must return $180,000 in "marital funds"

By Caitlin Millat and DANIEL MACHT
|  Wednesday, Oct 14, 2009  |  Updated 12:46 PM CDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Reality TV Villains: Biggest Loser Tracy Gone Crazy?

Getty Images

The Gosselins are finally shutting up -- for now.

advertisement
Photos and Videos

RAW: Jon Gosselin Gets a Barrage of Questions

Jon Gosselin makes his way into Montco's Family Court for a hearing with estranged wife, Kate.

Read this story and more right on your iPhone.
Download the NBCPhiladelphia app NOW!

More Photos and Videos

Round one goes to Kate.

Jon Gosselin was ordered to pay up to the tune of $180,000 today in a Pennsylvania court, where judges ruled the TLC reality dad was in violation of an arbitrator's order that meant he couldn't touch the joint funds he and Kate shared.

Gosselin must cough up the cash by Oct. 26 or he'll be held in contempt by the court, Kate's lawyer Mark Momjian said Tuesday.

Kate Gosselin claimed last week that her husband took $230,000 from their joint account without her knowledge. The $55,000 the court ruled Jon hadn't withdrawn will be "subject to furhter determination by the arbitrator," Momjian said.

Kate, the mom of eight whose battles with Jon were hashed out on their TLC hit "Jon and Kate Plus Eight," said the experience was "difficult" but that she was elated about the court ruling.

"As difficult as this has been for me, I am pleased that the Court has ruled fairly on behalf of myself and my children," Kate said.

"Now that this matter has been ruled on, I look forward to returning to private arbitration, as we have agreed to do, to resolve any remaining issues."

The couple arrived separately at the Montgomery Courthouse for the hour-long hearing this morning, TMZ.com reported. The pair is due back in court on Oct. 26, the deadline for Jon to pay his $180,000 debt.

Kate filed last week for spousal and child support from Jon, who accused his soon-to-be ex-wife Sunday of pulling out secret withdrawals from their joint bank account.

Kate alleged before Jon's accusation that he was the one who removed cash from their savings.

The warring couple called a 24-hour cease-fire of their public lashings-out before they went into the court, saying they wouldn't comment until after the hearing.

"We have a truce," Jon's attorney Mark Heller told E! News Monday.

Meanwhile, Lindsay Lohan's dad Michael stopped by the family estate on Sunday to pitch Jon on joining the Celebrity Boxing Federation, Usmagazine.com reported.

Lohan said that Gosselin declined to appear in a charity bout, but that prospects for the "Divorced Dads" reality show he's been shopping "look good." 

Hopefully, Gosselin would be able to get out of his TLC contract, Lohan said.

Read this story and more right on your iPhone.
Download the NBCPhiladelphia app NOW!

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Get NBCDFW on Mobile!
Get NBCDFW's free news and weather... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out