Elton John Cancels Show Due to Appendicitis

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    AP
    Elton John greets the audience during his concert at Mercedes-Benz Arena in Shanghai, China on Friday, Nov. 23, 2012.

    Elton John has canceled a show in London's Hyde Park due to appendicitis that will require surgery.

    A statement issued Tuesday by the musician's publicist said John was suffering from an inflamed appendix and surrounding abscess.

    He has been advised by doctors to cancel his concerts while he undergoes a regime of antibiotics to treat the abscess. That will be followed by surgery in the next few weeks.

    The statement said John fell ill during his recent European tour, but "is eager to be back on top form and return to play the remaining shows starting in early September 2013."

    Pharrell on Creating The Soundtrack For "Despicable Me 2"

    [NATL] Pharrell on Creating The Soundtrack For "Despicable Me 2"
    Pharrell Williams about what was it like working with Cee Lo Green for the song "Scream" on the "Despicable Me 2" soundtrack. He also discusses what it's like being a part of such a massively successful franchise. (Published Tuesday, Mar 4, 2014)

    The 66-year-old performer had been due to play an outdoor concert in London's Hyde Park on Friday on a bill with Elvis Costello and Ray Davies.

    Last year John canceled several U.S. dates after being diagnosed with a respiratory infection.

    His new album, "The Diving Board," is due out in September.