Jesse James Issues Apology to Wife Sandra Bullock

"There is only one person to blame for this whole situation, and that is me"

By Daniel Macht
|  Thursday, Mar 18, 2010  |  Updated 10:39 PM CDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Razzies Honors the Worst in Film for 2009

Getty Images

Jesse James and Sandra Bullock at the Screen Actors Guild awards.

advertisement
Photos and Videos
More Photos and Videos

Jesse James has broken his silence, issuing an apology to his famous wife Sandra Bullock, amid allegations that he cheated on the Oscar winning actress with a tattooed temptress, People.com reported.

The statement, released to People by James, is vague. It denies "the vast majority of allegations" against him but goes on to concede that "poor judgment" has "caused my wife and kids pain and embarrassment beyond comprehension."

"The vast majority of the allegations reported are untrue and unfounded. Beyond that, I will not dignify these private matters with any further public comment," the statement reads. "There is only one person to blame for this whole situation, and that is me. It’s because of my poor judgment that I deserve everything bad that is coming my way.

"This has caused my wife and kids pain and embarrassment beyond comprehension and I am extremely saddened to have brought this on them. I am truly very sorry for the grief I have caused them. I hope one day they can find it in their hearts to forgive me."

James' mea culpa comes after revelations surfaced that Bullock had canceled a planned red carpet appearance in London next week for "The Blind Side."

Bullock, whose wholesome image has always contrasted sharply with that of husband James, a motorcycle mechanic and reality TV regular who was previously married to a porn star, made no mention of any possible domestic discord in begging out of the appearance.

“Due to unforeseen personal reasons, a trip abroad to support ‘The Blind Side’ has been deemed impossible at this time,” Bullock said in a statement released Wednesday by Warner Brothers U.K. “I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your continued support of the film.”

The pullout by Bullock, 45, who earlier this month won a Best Actress Oscar for “The Blind Side,” came hours after tattoo model Michelle “Bombshell” McGee claimed to have had an 11-month affair with James.

Speaking to In Touch Weekly, McGee claimed the affair began while Bullock was away in Georgia filming the role of her lifetime. People magazine, citing a confidential source, reported late Wednesday that Bullock bailed on the Southern California home she shares with James on Monday, days before McGee's tabloid allegations hit the web.

James, 40, is a prolific Twitterer but he has deleted his account in the scandal’s aftermath, according to Usmagazine.com.

Last January, Bullock raved about her marriage to James while accepting a Screen Actors Guild Award.

"I love you so much and you are really hot. I want you so much," she said then.

But the actress notably snubbed her hubby in last week's Oscar acceptance speech, the New York Daily News points out.  

Bullock and James married in July 2005 after having met a year earlier on the set of Discovery Channel's  “Monster Garage,” according to People.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Get NBCDFW on Mobile!
Get NBCDFW's free news and weather... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out