The U.S. Olympic Committee invites you to attend the Road to Sochi Tour presented by Liberty Mutual Insurance February 1st and 2nd at Klyde Warren Park in Dallas.
The event, rescheduled from December, is part of a 13-stop national tour, fans can meet U.S. Olympic champions before the upcoming 2014 Olympic Winter Games in Sochi, Russia, and also try their hand at 10 interactive sport stations like speedskating, street luge, curling and even cross-country skiing.
Fans will have the opportunity to purchase a pair of limited-edition “Go USA” fan mittens through the USOC’s Raise Your Hands campaign, which helps to raise funds for Team USA athletes. The mittens are priced at $14 per pair. In addition, a pair of Nike American flag gloves, which are not sold in stores, will be given away every hour.
For more information on the Road to Sochi Tour, which is circling the country through the 2014 Olympic Winter Games, visit TeamUSA.org/RoadToSochiTour.
Road to Sochi Tour presented by Liberty Mutual Insurance
Saturday, Feb. 1 - 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sunday, Feb. 2 - 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Klyde Warren Park
2012 Woodall Rodgers Freeway
Cost: FREE and open to the public
• Chad Hedrick (Spring, Texas) – long track speedskating; 2006, 2010 Olympian; 5-time Olympic medalist, including one gold, two silver and two bronze medals
• Carly Patterson (Allen, Texas) – gymnastics; All-Around gold medal winner at 2004 Olympic Games in Athens, also won the silver medal in team competition and the silver in balance beam.
• Biathlon – Compete head-to-head in a two-minute action-packed biathlon course. There will be two fully interactive stand-up ski ergometers with a shared projection screen.
• Bobsled – A bobsled will be positioned within the footprint for a digital photo opportunity enhanced with a bobsled track background. Participants will be able to upload their images and share socially with family and friends.
• Cross-country skiing – Test a cross-country ski course utilizing roller skis, which are used by elite athletes for training during the warm summer months.
• Curling & wheelchair curling – Try both curling and wheelchair curling on an actual ice sheet and be judged on the distance of the stone to the house using the hog line.
• Figure skating – Walk back in time and see some of the oldest, most historic figure skating memorabilia in the United States, including the U.S. Figure Skating Championship Trophy, which is a Tiffany & Co.-designed sterling silver award that features the names of every national champion in U.S. figure skating history in each of the four disciplines.
• Ice hockey and sled hockey – A hockey slap shot will test speed and accuracy. Participants will be challenged to take a shot both in a sled and on their feet at a regulation goal equipped with a radar gun and shooting targets. Top scores and speeds for both disciplines will be recorded and shown throughout the day.
• Luge – Suit up and steer down a street luge ramp for a first-hand experience of one of the fastest sports in the Olympic Winter Games.
• Ski jumping – A ski jump photo opportunity will allow participants to take a photo while “in flight.” Skis will be mounted in a semi-vertical position, allowing users to step into ski boots for this custom shot. The green screen background is a photo from the actual take-off ramp in Sochi.
• Snowboarding – Board down virtual slopes utilizing two Wii kiosks that will operate independently or together so consumers can race against one another or conduct a solo skill/speed challenge. Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games will also be available.
• Speedskating – Compete in a head-to-head, one-minute skate-off while challenging strength, stamina and balance on two slideboards.
Event sponsors: Liberty Mutual Insurance, Coca-Cola, AT&T, Budweiser, Chobani, Folgers, Hilton HHonors, Jif, Kellogg’s, Smucker’s jams, United Airlines and NBC 5.