NBC 5 and The Heard Natural Science Museum and Wildlife Sanctuary would like you to come to Dinosaurs Live starting Tuesday, September 16, 2014 through Sunday, February 15, 2015.
- Tyrannosaurus Rex - A fast-runner and deadly predator, Tyrannosaurus Rex is perhaps the best-known dinosaur today.
- Dilophosaurus - A moderately large ceratosaur, whose most outstanding characteristic was the paired, semi-circular plates that grew on top of its head.
- Rugops - A theropod dinosaur, Rugops was a large carnivore discovered in Niger in 2000. Its unique skull bore armor or scales and two unexplained rows of seven holes each.
- Quetzalcoatlus - A pterodactyloid pterosaur, Quetzalcoatlus was one of the largest known flying animals of all time. It was only discovered in Texas in 1971.
- Apatosaurus - The Apatasaurus was first found in the American Midwest in the 1870s.
- Deltadromeus - A large ceratosaurian theropod dinosaur, Deltadromeus had a long, unusually slender hind limbs for its size, suggesting it was a swift runner.
- Suchomimus - A massive and powerful creature with a crocodile-like mouth that ate mostly fish in the once lush, swampy habitat of the Sahara.
- Cryolophosaurus - Found close to the South Pole and is the only named dinosaur known from Antarctica.
- Parasaurolophus - Like other hadrosaurids, Parasaurolophus had a hollow head crest that is believed to have been used as resonating chamber to produce a distinctive call to other members of the herd.
For more information visit, www.heardmuseum.org.
September 16, 2014 - February 15, 2015
Heard Natural Science Museum & Wildlife Sanctuary
1 Nature Place
McKinney, TX 75069