POSITION TITLE: NEWSCAST PRODUCER (#14697BR)
LOCATION: NBC DFW, Dallas/Fort Worth
Posting Date: March 10, 2014
Job Purpose: NBCUniversal’s Owned Television station in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, KXAS TV, is looking for a Newscast Producer. As a Newscast Producer, you will be responsible for the creation of a daily newscast.
- Conceptualizes stories with associate producers, reporters, and talent, critiques production and writing of news stories and edits stories.
- Works with newscast directors, creative, promotion and news staff to coordinate production of the newscast.
- Manages the newscast associate producers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 2 years of previous experience as producer or associate producer for daily newscast
- Minimum of 1 yr TV writing experience
- Must be social media prolific with a strong use of Twitter, Facebook, and any other form of social media to help build content and synergies.
- Proven track record of boothing during live events
- External applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered (Note- job #14697BR).
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have the ability to work any of a 24 x 7 shift
- Must be 18 years or greater
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be at least 18 years old or greater
- Must accept Solutions as NBCUniversal’s Dispute Resolution program
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Ability to direct the news crew in a “producer-driven” environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well with people while under pressure.
- Familiarity with local leaders a plus.
- Up to date on and interested in current news events
- Knowledge of laws of libel, slander and applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Personal initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Team player who is flexible
- Displays a positive work ethic and can work under tight deadlines.
- High degree of integrity and professionalism.
- Up to date on and interested in current news events.
- Strong Organizational Skills.
Interested candidates can apply on line at www.nbcunicareers.com. The position number is #14697BR. KXAS TV and KXTX TV are Equal Opportunity Employers. NBC5 Job Hotline (817) 654-6476.