Position Title: Social Media Manager (28705BR)
Posting Date: July 11, 2016
NBCDFW is looking for an intelligent and highly motivated social media manager to create and manage the social media strategy for the station. This person will evolve our social media plan, leveraging storytelling, emerging platforms and a strong analytical mindset to drive performance. The manager will oversee the social media strategy for our NBC owned television station ensuring efforts are consistent, engaging and on-brand. The social media manager must have excellent editing, TV/web writing and influencing skills. We are looking for candidates with expertise in various social media platforms and related tools and awareness of emerging trends and issues. As a leader, trainer and coach, the Social Media Editor should be an active social media consumer and user. Candidates should be aggressive and nimble and comfortable with experimenting, yet know when to move on.
- Lead, launch and manage the social media strategy for NBCDFW in partnership with sales, marketing and community affairs for tent-pole events within the station.
- Define social objectives for the station’s social platforms, then execute, measure and adapt accordingly based on overall goals and priorities.
- Grow the main brand account pages through thoughtful, engaging posts that deliver on key metrics.
- Identify buzz-worthy stories of the day and engage your local audience across platforms and, at times, write those stories for the NBCDFW’s digital platforms.
- Create sharable graphics and short videos for use on NBCDFW's social media platforms
- Write for NBCDFW platforms when appropriate and backup web producers as needed
- Serve as a top advocate for social media in the newsroom. Developing a social strategy for the newsroom, working with producers and managers to ensure proper execution of social media segments in newscasts.
- Work with on-air talent to improve their social media skills, extend reach and drive ratings both on air and online.
- Make sure the accounts remain active with relevant content through the day and that the voice, tone and mix of content fits with the overall editorial strategy on-air and online.
- Drive awareness of the KXAS and NBCDFW brand through social media.
- Collect, monitor and distribute social media metrics – develop best practices and action items from the data.
- Stay on the cutting-edge of social trends and innovation, including monitoring direct competitors as well as what’s next in the social media space.
- Oversee monitoring of mainstream and social media for story ideas and competitive intelligence.
- Engage with viewers who reach out through social media channels.
- Work with sales and brand managers to develop and execute promotional concepts and social media contests throughout the station social media accounts.
- Coordinate with NBC’s Local Integrated Media lead to ensure best practices and spread throughout the station.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2 years of experience as an editor, writer or producer at a major news organization or blog that creates content under tight deadlines.
- Proficient with social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of AP Style writing and guidelines
- Must be willing to work in Dallas-Fort Worth
- Must be available to work overtime, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed or required
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be willing to work in Dallas/Fort Worth area
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have the ability to work any of a 24 x 7 shift
- Must accept Solutions as NBCUniversal’s Alternative Dispute Resolution program
- Exceptional communication skills
- Knowledge of TV and web writing
- Must have the desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive environment
- Experience in editing video for TV and web
- Experience in a news environment
- Experience with Clickability, SocialFlow, Spredfast and Urban Airship a plus
- Excellent news instincts with the ability to react decisively to breaking news, combined with the ability to write succinctly and with flair
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and stories simultaneously in a fast paced environment
- Team player mentality
- Mentoring, training and inspirational leadership abilities essential.
Interested candidates can apply on line at www.nbcunicareers.com. The position number is #28705BR. KXAS TV and KXTX TV are Equal Opportunity Employers. NBC5 Job Hotline (817) 654-6476.