Position Title: Digital Producer (28706BR)
Location: NBCDFW.com Dallas/Fort Worth
Posting Date: July 11, 2016
NBCDFW is looking for an intelligent and highly motivated Digital Producer to produce content for our station website as well as manage social media. The Digital Producer will help with broadcast newsroom collaboration, write and produce several stories per day as well as manage NBCDFW social media accounts through consistent, engaging and on-brand posts. This individual should have excellent editing, TV/web writing and influencing skills.
- Produce breaking news events across multiple platforms by working with reporters in the field, the news assignment desk and independent sources alike.
- Curate the homepage and subsections.
- Assist in managing a group of regular contributors to the web site..
- Produce all news sections of the website, including the homepage and contribute to local franchises.
- Manage production of articles, videos and slideshows.
- Work with senior editors at Local Media’s national editorial center in New York to contribute to national events
- Be an advocate for NBCDFW.com in the newsroom and beyond.
- Manage the social media strategy for NBCDFW.
- Help grow the main brand social media account pages through thoughtful, engaging posts that deliver on key metrics.
- Make sure the station's social media accounts have relevant content through the day and that the voice, tone and mix of content fits with the overall editorial strategy on-air and online.
- Monitor social media channels for breaking news.
- Engage with viewers who reach out through social media channels.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated knowledge of AP Style writing and guidelines
- Some experience as an editor, writer or producer at a news organization or blog that creates content under tight deadlines.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Knowledge of TV and web writing
- Must have the desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive environment
- Experience in editing video for TV and web
- Experience in a news environment
- Experience with Clickability, SocialFlow, Spredfast and Urban Airship a plus
- Excellent news instincts with the ability to react decisively to breaking news, combined with the ability to write succinctly and with flair
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and stories simultaneously in a fast paced environment
- Team player mentality
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be willing to work in Dallas/Fort Worth area
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be available to work overtime, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed or required
- Must accept Solutions as NBCUniversal’s Alternative Dispute Resolution program
Interested candidates can apply on line at www.nbcunicareers.com. The position number is #28706BR. KXAS TV and KXTX TV are Equal Opportunity Employers. NBC5 Job Hotline (817) 654-6476