POSITION TITLE: Consumer/Investigative Reporter (#28843BR)
LOCATION: NBC 5, Dallas/Fort Worth
Posting Date: July 19, 2016
NBC Universal’s Owned Television station in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, KXAS TV, is looking for a Consumer/Investigative Reporter. This position is responsible for gathering news information and preparing for presentation on air, on line and for mobile.
- Minimum 3 years television reporting
- Proven track record of strong live reporting skills and strong story telling
- Experience in contributing to web site
- Experience partnering with legal team and working knowledge of federal, state and local laws impacting operations as they relate to investigation, undercover content and hidden cameras
- Strong CAR (Computer Assisted Reporting) skills
- External applicants must submit a resume/CV through gecareers.com to be considered (Note- job #28843BR).
- Must submit a video of own work to be considered.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must submit to a background investigation
- Must be 18 years or greater
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be able to work long hours and a variety of shifts, when necessary.
- Must accept Solutions as NBCUniversal’s Alternative Dispute Resolution program
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous experience as an investigative reporter
- Strong knowledge of journalistic ethics and libel laws
- Experience with digital editing and photography a plus
- Must be able to ad-lib effortlessly in various types of situations, particularly breaking news
- Must be able to handle intense deadline pressure
- Experience of working simultaneous on a web product
- Strong knowledge of social networking in regards to content gathering and distribution
- Work in a team environment
Interested candidates can apply on line at www.nbcunicareers.com. The position number is #28843BR.
KXAS TV and KXTX TV are Equal Opportunity Employers. NBC5 Job Hotline (817) 654-6476.