POSITION TITLE: Assignment Desk Editor (#28758BR)
LOCATION: NBC 5
Posting Date: July 13, 2016
NBCUniversal’s Owned Television station in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, KXAS TV, is looking for a highly organized Assignment Desk Editor. As an NBC5 Assignment Desk Editor, you will gather information and set up stories, react aggressively to breaking news, update our digital platforms including NBCDFW.com and contribute story ideas.
- Assign reporters, photographers, and other personnel to cover stories
- Monitor social media, police radios, electronic/printed sources for potential news content
- Post stories & content to NBCDFW.com and NBC5’s social media channels
- Assist producers, reporters, and photographers with researching stories and gathering information
- Answer newsroom phones and respond to viewer e-mails
- Set up and coordinate live remotes inside and outside the building
- Minimum 2 years experience working on a television assignment desk
- Previous work experience requiring organization and research skills
- External applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcuicareers.com to be considered (Note- job #BR).
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends and overnights.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have the ability to work any of a 24 x 7 shift
- Must be willing to work in Fort Worth, Texas (just south of DFW Airport)
- Must be 18 years or greater
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must work well under pressure.
- Knowledge of Dallas-Fort Worth market.
- Self-starter with great social media skills and strong news judgment
- Ability to work contacts and react quickly and aggressively to breaking news and developing stories
Interested candidates can apply on line at www.nbcunicareers.com. The position number is #26758BR.
KXAS TV and KXTX TV are Equal Opportunity Employers. NBC DFW Job Hotline (817) 654-6476.