POSITION TITLE: Bilingual Digital Producer (#34737BR)
LOCATION: NBC 5, Dallas/Fort Worth
Posting Date: June 21, 2017
Role Purpose: TelemundoDallas.com and NBCDFW.com are looking for an intelligent and highly motivated bilingual Digital Producer to produce content in Spanish and English for both station websites as well as manage social media. The Digital Producer will help with broadcast newsroom collaboration, write and produce several stories per day as well as manage TelemundoDallas.com and NBCDFW.com social media accounts through consistent, engaging and on-brand posts. This individual should have excellent writing, editing and influencing skills.
• Produce breaking news events across multiple platforms by working with reporters in the field, the news assignment desk and independent sources alike.
• Manage production of articles, videos and slideshows in both Spanish and English.
• Curate the homepage and news and sports subsections.
• Assist in managing a group of regular contributors to the web site.
• Produce all news sections of the websites, including the homepage and contribute to local franchises.
• Work with senior editors at Local Media’s national editorial center in Miami and New York.
• Be an advocate for TelemundoDallas.com and NBCDFW.com in the newsroom and beyond.
• Manage the social media strategy for TelemundoDallas and NBCDFW.
• Help grow the main brand social media account pages through thoughtful, engaging posts that deliver on key metrics.
• Make sure the stations’ social media accounts have relevant content through the day and that the voice, tone and mix of content fits with the overall editorial strategy on-air and online.
• Monitor social media channels for breaking news and breaking sports news.
• Engage with viewers who reach out through social media channels.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Demonstrated knowledge of AP Style writing and guidelines in both Spanish and English
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing to work in Dallas/Fort Worth area
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be available to work overtime, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed or required
• Must accept Solutions as NBCUniversal’s Alternative Dispute Resolution program
• Some experience as an editor, writer or producer at a news organization or blog that creates content under tight deadlines.
• Exceptional communication skills
• Knowledge of TV and web writing
• Must have the desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive environment
• Experience in editing video for TV and web
• Experience in a news environment
• Experience with Clickability, SocialFlow, Spredfast and Urban Airship a plus
• Excellent news instincts with the ability to react decisively to breaking news, combined with the ability to write succinctly and with flair
• Ability to work on multiple tasks and stories simultaneously in a fast paced environment
• Understanding of the DFW area considered a plus
• Team player mentality
Interested candidates can apply on line at www.nbcunicareers.com. The position number is #34737BR.
KXAS TV and KXTX TV are Equal Opportunity Employers. NBC5 Job Hotline (817) 654-6476.