The Texas Rangers really want pitcher Tanner Scheppers to go to the All Star game and are willing to offer up some sweet prizes to inspire voting.
Scheppers, who is 5-1 this season with a 1.88 ERA in 42 appearances this season, is one of five pitchers vying for the 34th and final spot on the American League All-Star team that will take the field July 16 at Citi Field, the home of the Mets, in New York City.
Scheppers is tied for the A.L. lead in relief wins, is tied for fourth with 17 holds, and is tied for the ninth lowest relief ERA. He is seeking his first All-Star appearance.
By voting, and selecting Scheppers, all voters will be entered into the sweepstakes where they could win one of five prizes. There is no limit to the number of times you can vote for Scheppers, but only the first 25 votes will count toward sweepstakes entries. (Complete rules for the sweepstakes can be found on TexasRangers.com).
The Rangers All-Star Sweepstakes prizes are:
- Two Innings with Nolan Ryan – Winner and a guest have the opportunity to sit with Nolan Ryan in his home plate seats, during a mutually agreeable game, for 2 innings. Prize includes two tickets to the game.
- Boomstick Ride Around – Winner and one guest will have the opportunity to ride in the Boomstick around the warning track prior to a mutually agreeable game, plus two tickets to the game.
- Photo Opportunity In Washington’s Seat + Batting Practice – Winner and one guest will receive game tickets and will have the opportunity to visit the Rangers dugout before the game and take a photo from Manager Ron Washington’s bench. After the photo, you’ll watch the visiting team take BP from the area behind home plate.
- Sit with the Voice of Rangers Ballpark, Chuck Morgan, for an inning – One winner will visit the in-park PA room, run the ribbon panels for half an inning, & visit with Chuck Morgan, voice of Rangers Ballpark, for half an inning for a mutually agreeable game. Prize includes tickets for winner and three (3) guests.
- Ozarka Race Finish Line Holder – Get the chance to hold the finish line on the field during the Ozarka Texas Legends Race or Dot Race (one (1) winner.) Opportunity will include tickets for winner and one (1) guest, and winner’s name to be announced and shown on the main video board.
Finally, between 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. CT on Thursday, July 11, any tweet that includes #TakeTanner will be tabulated as part of the official vote total used to determine the American League and National League winners.
Voting for the final spot ends at 3 p.m. CT July 11.