It's hard to believe, but baseball season is fast approaching. In less than a month, the Texas Rangers will begin reporting for spring training in Arizona.
And coming off their AL West title last season, the team wants everyone to start getting hyped for their 2016 campaign.
On Saturday, Jan. 23, they're inviting fans to join them at Globe Life Park for the annual Rangers Fan Fest celebration.
Players will be on hand to sign autographs. Other highlights include:
- Interactive Q&A sessions with Rangers executives, players, and announcers
- On-field events, including running the bases and photo opportunities (weather permitting)
- Pitching, hitting, and fielding clinics run by Rangers coaches and alumni
- Free tours of the Rangers clubhouse and dugout
- Free play in the Rangers Kids Zone
- Photo stage with current and former Rangers players
"It's baseball time in Texas," said public address announcer Chuck Morgan, known as The Voice of the Texas Rangers. "There's not very many times during the season that you can get up close to the players like you can this Saturday with autographs and photos, and a chance to run the bases on the field."
Rangers Fan Fest will run from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Admission is $10 for adults, $8 for season ticket holders and $5 for kids 13 and younger.
To purchase tickets or to see an autograph schedule, visit the Texas Rangers website.