Tuesday, my friend and colleague Jeff Pearlman posted his definitive list of the 100 worst players in the history of the NFL over at Deadspin. Now, while your Dallas Cowboys have done you proud and won five Super Bowls, you and I both know the Cowboys have had many a player pass by who deserved mention on this list. Horrible players. Awful players. I went through Pearlman’s 100 to find every player who ever put on pads for the Cowboys. Listed in order, you get a presumed grouping of the dozen worst Cowboys of all time. Check it out:
3. Babe Laufenberg. The babe! He’s my go-to guy when making jokes about obscure, awful QB’s.
6. Ryan Leaf. Remember, Jerry Jones signed him once. Yeah.
11. Shante Carver. Oh, God. Any mention of his name is enough to make you want to shoot yourself in the ear.
32. Paul Palmer
33. Elvis Patterson
34. Golden Richards. Bonus points to him for becoming a drug addict!
43. Johnny Mitchell
61. Drew Henson
68. Everett McIver. But he did get stabbed in the neck by Michael Irvin, which at least makes him interesting.
70. Quincy Carter
98. Bobby Carpenter
100. Larry Brown. Seems a bit unfair to stick him on this list. After all, he only tanked AFTER Oakland paid him.
I feel like this list of bad Cowboys is incomplete. Surely, Alex Barron belongs on here. And Kawika Mitchell. And Sherman Williams. Remember Sherman Williams? That guy smoked enough pot to finance an entire Virgin Island. Perhaps you can help in the comments. Who’s missing from this list? And who’s gonna be the first commenter to say Tony Romo and start a flame war? Have your say below.
Stay on top of the latest Dallas Cowboys news with NBCDFW.com. Foll ow NBC DFW Sports on Facebook or have breaking Cowboys news sent directly to your phone with Blue Star SMS alerts. Text "bluestar" to 622339 (NBCDFW) to subscribe to this free service.Read more about it here.