Blue Star
The center of the Dallas Cowboys universe

Spencer Not Thinking About Contract

Anthony Spencer is set to play 2013 under the franchise tag for the second straight year

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Spencer Not Thinking About Contract

With the end of May looming and the Dallas Cowboys opening up their second week of organized team activities, defensive end Anthony Spencer is still waiting on a new deal and set to play the 2013 under the franchise tag for the second time in as many years. But Spencer says he’s not exactly preoccupied by the contract talks, or lack thereof.

I’m really not worried about it,” Spencer said, per ESPN Dallas. “I come here, work and go home and relax. If it gets done, it gets done. It’s the same attitude I had last year and it ended up working out for me.”

Indeed, it did. Spencer recorded 11 sacks, the first double-digit total of his career, and was rewarded with his first ever trip to the Pro Bowl. The two sides have until June 15 to get a long-term deal done, but even if they don’t, Spencer wallet will be just fine. His franchise tender for 2013 guarantees him $10.6 million.

“The way I saw it,” Spencer said of the deal, “Defensive ends and outside linebackers pretty much most of them got what I got for the first two years that I’ve been franchise tagged. It worked out.”

Stay on top of the latest Dallas Cowboys news with NBCDFW.com. Follow NBC DFW on Facebook or have breaking Cowboys news sent directly to your phone with Blue Star SMS alerts. Text "bluestar" to 622339 (NBCDFW) to subscribe, text HELP for more info, and text STOP to end the subscription. Message and data rates may apply.Read more about it here.

Related Topics Anthony Spencer
Leave Comments