Blue Star
The center of the Dallas Cowboys universe

Rayfield Wright Doing Well After Suffering Heart Attack

Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    Hall of Fame offensive lineman Rayfield Wright is reportedly doing well today, having been released from a Fort Worth area hospital late Saturday after suffering a “moderate to severe” heart attack last week.

    The 65-year-old Wright recently spoke to ESPN’s Matt Mosley, describing the incident:

    "I was getting ready for bed and I felt like a 1,000-pound weight was on my chest," said Wright. "Then I laid down and felt like there was a 1,000-pound weight on my back. I knew something wasn't right, so I jumped in my car and drove to the hospital. Obviously, I should've dialed 911."

    Doctors told Wright that his prognosis is good, that with a little rest, he should make a full recovery.

    "I'd been working too hard," Wright said. "I have to learn how to take care of myself."

    Wright, a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the Cowboys Ring of Honor, spent his entire career, from 1967-1979 in Dallas, winning two Super Bowls and earning six Pro Bowl appearances in that span. He is widely thought of as one of the most dominant offensive linemen in the history of the game.

    Stay on top of the latest Dallas Cowboys news with NBCDFW.com. Follow NBC DFW Sports on Facebook or have breaking Cowboys news sent directly to your phone with Blue Star SMS alerts. Text "bluestar" to 622339 (NBCDFW) to subscribe to this free service.  Read more about it here.