The Dallas Cowboys have had some contact with free agent tackle Eric Winston this offseason, but a recent report said that the team had pretty much decided to call of their pursuit of the former Texan and Chief. To read Michael David Smith of ProFootballTalk.com, it seems likely that Winston’s asking price might have had something to do with Dallas passing.
“In the $3-4 million range is something that I think is more than fair for a starter who has played pretty well throughout his career,” Winston told SiriusXM NFL Radio on Tuesday.
Winston, who signed a four-year, $22 million deal with Kansas City just last year, said he understands that he won’t likely see that kind of money on the market this year. But Winston also admitted that he’s become frustrated to some extent by the whole process.
“It’s also frustrating in the sense that there are still a lot of teams with money to spend, but it doesn’t seem like anyone wants to spend it,” Winston said.
Thus far, the only team to have made Winston an offer is the San Diego Chargers.
Stay on top of the latest Dallas Cowboys news with NBCDFW.com. Follow NBC DFW on Facebook or have breaking Cowboys news sent directly to your phone with Blue Star SMS alerts. Text "bluestar" to 622339 (NBCDFW) to subscribe, text HELP for more info, and text STOP to end the subscription. Message and data rates may apply.Read more about it here.