Calvin Johnson #81 of the Detroit Lions looks on in pre-game warmups before the game against the Oakland Raiders at O.co Coliseum on December 18, 2011 in Oakland, California.
If you live in Nevada, Oregon, Montana or Delaware, you're in luck. Otherwise, go to Canada or Europe, or those rogues in New Jersey and get your bet on for the NFL weekend! All games are Sunday unless otherwise noted.
1. Seattle at San Francisco (-2.5) — This is a game between two of the premier teams in the NFC and has become possibly the best rivalry going in the NFL today. The Seahawks are cruising right now after a dominant home win over New Orleans. Everything about this says it's a Seahawks win, but something about it just makes me lean toward the 49ers at home.
2. Detroit (+3.5) at Philadelphia — The Eagles are undoubtedly on a roll behind the play of former backup QB Nick Foles, who has still yet to throw an interception this season. The Lions have been revamped with a two-headed rushing attack of Reggie Bush and Joique Bell and still have one of the best passing duos in the game with Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson. The Lions will pick off Foles, and they'll win the game.
3. Minnesota at Baltimore (-6.5) — The Vikings are very bad, despite having the best running back in football. Their quarterback situation is an absolute mess as Matt Cassel will get the start Sunday. The Ravens are not world-beaters, but at home, against this team, they should roll.
4. Carolina (+3.5) at New Orleans — This game seems too good to be true. Yes, the Saints are a completely different team at home, but they're coming off a shellacking at the hands of the Seahawks last week. The Panthers, meanwhile, have quietly been one of the best teams in football and are riding an eight-game winning streak. In a battle for NFC South supremacy, take the Panthers with the points.
5. Dallas at Chicago (-1.5), Monday night — If not for the horrible weather conditions expected in Chicago on Monday night, we might like Dallas a bit more in this game. The Bears haven't been playing great, and the Cowboys seem to have found an identity on offense and will get the return of middle linebacker Sean Lee for this game. But with the weather, you just have to go with the Bears in this one.
Last week: 4-1. 2013 season: 29-31.*
*Didn't make Week 5 picks