As for the action on the field, Panthers QB Cam Newton threw for 306 yards and ran for 52 more as he accounted for all four Carolina TDs. Carolina wins 30-22.
If you live in Nevada, Oregon, Montana or Delaware, you're in luck. Otherwise, go to Canada or Europe, or those rogues in New Jersey and get your bet on for the NFL weekend! All games are Sunday unless otherwise noted.
1. San Diego (+5.5) at Kansas City — The Chiefs don't kill people, they just beat people. And they will most likely win this game, but the Chargers running game has been surprisingly good this year and has let Philip Rivers take a back seat. This should be a relatively low-scoring, therefore close game.
2. Carolina (-4.5) at Miami — Cam Newton and the Panthers defense have been running through opponents and had a signature win last week against New England. Miami is no New England, and don't expect this game to be very close.
3. Chicago at St. Louis (-1.5) — The Rams haven't missed a beat since losing Sam Bradford for the season, and the Bears have been very average for much of the season. Chicago does have offensive weapons, but don't expect them to have a lot of success against a good, young Rams defense.
4. Indianapolis at Arizona (-2.5) — The Cardinals play a different brand of football at home, and that's bad news for Andrew Luck & Co. Carson Palmer is coming off one of his best games of the year, and we'd bet he builds off that performance on Sunday.
5. Dallas (+2.5) at New York Giants — The Giants have won four straight, yeah yeah, we're all aware. But look at the quarterbacks the Giants have beaten — Matt Barkley, Mike Glennon, Scott Tolzein and Terrelle Pryor. Exactly. Tony Romo is a huge step up in competition. This game could be a shootout.
Last week: 2-3. 2013 season: 21-29*
*Didn't make Week 5 picks