After seeing his career with the Dallas Cowboys come to an unceremonious end back in March, designated as a post-June 1 cut, Miles Austin feels like he has plenty to prove with his new team, the Cleveland Browns. Fortunately, this is nothing new for the two-time Pro Bowler.
“Regardless (the year), I always felt I had to go out and prove myself,” Austin said, via the News-Herald (Ohio). “I’m looking forward to going out and playing again.”
It’d be cliche to say Austin’s tenure in Dallas was a roller coaster ride, but it wouldn’t be wrong. He came in as an undrafted free agent out of Monmouth in 2006, and remained on the periphery of the roster until 2009, when he emerged as a Pro Bowler. Then, he did it again in 2010.
After that, the injury bug--the hamstring injury bug, in particular--began hitting Austin with terrible frequency. Last year, his last with Dallas, he was shut down for over a month as a precautionary measure and didn’t record a catch between Week 3 and Week 12.
After all that, it’s understandable that Austin is ready to make a fresh start in Cleveland.
“I’m fortunate to be in this situation and have another opportunity to go out and prove myself again,” Austin said. “I’m looking forward to the challenge.”
Stay on top of the latest Dallas Cowboys news with NBCDFW.com. Follow NBC DFW on Facebook or have breaking Cowboys news sent directly to your phone with Blue Star SMS alerts. Text "bluestar" to 622339 (NBCDFW) to subscribe, text HELP for more info, and text STOP to end the subscription. Message and data rates may apply.Read more about it here.