Earlier in the week, Dallas’s newest cornerback Brandon Carr went on record as saying that he plans on keeping the New York Giants’ Victor Cruz out of the end zone in 2012, thereby eliminating any possibility of Cruz breaking out his signature, salsa dance-inspired touchdown celebration.
Well, Cruz has responded, basically saying that he’s not worried what Carr says because, well, the season opener between the two teams is still about four months away.
“It’s cool," Cruz said, per ESPN Dallas. "I understand guys are going to talk, but it’s only April, man. We still got a long way to go. I’ll just let all my talking go on the field.”
The Cowboys and Giants are set to open the regular season at MetLife Stadium, the home of the Super Bowl Champs, on September 5. And though Carr might get some chances against Cruz, ESPN Dallas’s Tim MacMahon pointed out earlier this week that in three-receiver sets, that the responsibility will most likely shift to Orlando Scandrick.
Stay on top of the latest Dallas Cowboys news with NBCDFW.com. Follow NBC DFW on Facebook or have breaking Cowboys news sent directly to your phone with Blue Star SMS alerts. Text "bluestar" to 622339 (NBCDFW) to subscribe, text HELP for more info, and text STOP to end the subscription. Message and data rates may apply.Read more about it here.