Morris Claiborne remains the only of Dallas’s seven draft picks without a contract, but according to the highly-touted prospect out of LSU, this doesn’t mean he intends to hold out. In fact, quite the opposite.
While at a public appearance in Louisiana on Friday, Claiborne told the Shreveport Times that while he isn’t exactly ultra-involved in the negotiations with his new team, he intends on going to camp whether a deal is in place or not.
“I have no idea. I let my agents and those guys handle that. So far, they seem to be doing a pretty good job,” Claiborne said. “I’ll patiently wait. I’m not in no hurry. You hear a lot of talk about people saying I’m holding out. No I’m not holding out. I’m going to camp signed or not signed. It don’t matter.”
Claiborne’s enthusiasm with respect to getting back on the field is nothing new. Throughout the offseason, the sixth overall pick has made no secret of the frustration he’s felt, having to sit out of OTAs and mini-camps as his surgically repaired wrist healed.
“I can’t wait,” Claiborne said. “It’s been a while because of my wrist, so far so good. It’s getting healthy and I’m ready for camp to start.”
Stay on top of the latest Dallas Cowboys news with NBCDFW.com. Follow NBC DFW on Facebook or have breaking Cowboys news sent directly to your phone with Blue Star SMS alerts. Text "bluestar" to 622339 (NBCDFW) to subscribe, text HELP for more info, and text STOP to end the subscription. Message and data rates may apply.Read more about it here.