Two-time Pro Bowl receiver Miles Austin was designated as a post-June 1 cut on Tuesday evening after eight seasons with the Dallas Cowboys. Austin says the move wasn’t exactly shocking to him, even going so far as to praise the team for the class with which they went about it.
“I wasn’t completely blindsided,” Austin said, per ESPN Dallas. “I understood what the outcomes or scenarios could be. They let me know personally and it was handled really classy and I wouldn’t expect anything other than straight class. Now I’ve got a group of other scenarios that can come up and I’m looking forward to the next possible opportunity wherever it may be.”
Picked up by the Cowboys as an undrafted free agent out of Monmouth in 2006, Austin broke out in 2009, catching 81 passes, 1,320 yards and 11 touchdowns on the way to his first of two consecutive Pro Bowl nods.
But by 2013, Austin’s history of hamstring issues had caught up with him. He had only 24 catches for 244 yards and no touchdowns, while missing five games due to the aforementioned hamstring.
Stay on top of the latest Dallas Cowboys news with NBCDFW.com. Follow NBC DFW on Facebook or have breaking Cowboys news sent directly to your phone with Blue Star SMS alerts. Text "bluestar" to 622339 (NBCDFW) to subscribe, text HELP for more info, and text STOP to end the subscription. Message and data rates may apply.Read more about it here.